Coach Mai Duc Chung of the U22 team has scheduled a training session in Europe this June to help the team prepare for the Asian Under-22 Football Championships 2013 qualifiers.
The team, who will be summoned in middle of this month, will enjoy an intensive two weeks of practice with the MSK Zilina Football Club in Slovakia.
Chung said the club offered comfortable and suitable conditions for the 30-member team where they would have the opportunity to train with qualified overseas Vietnamese players.
After the practice, Chung and his team will fly to Myanmar for the Championship, which will take place from June 23 to July 3, where they have been placed in group G with South Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Chinese Taipei and the Philippines.
Viet Nam are currently ranked sixth in Southeast Asia.
The tournament is a new addition to the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) schedule and has attracted the participation of 40 teams.
The tournament is scheduled to be held every two years, with the 2015 event considered the qualifying round for the Rio Olympics in 2016.
AFC's Managing director Windsor John said the new tournament was the second most important event in Asia at the national team level. AFC hoped that national football federations would invest more in young players, he said.
Teams are divided into seven groups to play in a round robin to select the top 15 for the finals. The 16th team will be the host country's U22 squad in the final round, which has yet to be defined.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Youth key in new national squad
» U19 team to play friendly match
» New coach names U19 squad for Southeast Asian Championships
Latest Category Posts
- Viet Nam wins friendly against Laos
- Vietnam crush Brunei 7-0 in SEA Games football event
- Vietnam Football Federation Chairman resigns
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
- Viet Nam to play world, continental champions in Asian Cup
- T&T ready for regional challenge
- An Giang beat U23 in friendly
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Transfer market of Vietnam football slows down
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013
- VN make final preparations for Asian Cup qualifiers
- Football in Viet Nam is tough
- Vietnam defeat Al Arabi FC in friendly
- Exhibit on girls with sensitive jobs running