The Vietnam national men’s football team leaps up three grades to claim the 97th position in the latest FIFA rankings for April, released on April 10.
The Vietnamese national football team.
The team’s position moves up though it did not play any international match in March. Vietnam continues to lead the Southeast Asian region with 347 points. In February, it ranked 100th.
Meanwhile, other Southeast Asian teams drop in the FIFA rankings. Thailand falls two places to 141 with 232 points, Indonesia places 151 with 160 points and Singapore loses 8 grades to place 158th.
Similar to Vietnam, the Philippines did not play any match but it ranks at 148 with 182 points.
In Asia, Turkmenistan and North Korea climb strongly in the FIFA rankings, with 24 and 25 grades up and placing 142nd and 86th, thanks to their unexpected success at the AFC Challenge Cup.
Spain remains the world No.1 with 1,442 points, followed by Germany with 1,435 points and Uruguay with 1,309 points. This is the highest position of Uruguay in its history.
Netherlands drops to fourth place with 1,207 points. This is the first time this country gets out of the top three of the world after the World Cup 2010.
Denmark ranks 9th, the first time in the world top ten since 1997.
|< Prev||Next >|
» National awards highlights contribution of volunteers
» Bolivian President encourages closer ties with Vietnam
» Vietnamese life in the 1990s
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam crush Brunei 7-0 in SEA Games football event
- Vietnam Football Federation Chairman resigns
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
- Viet Nam to play world, continental champions in Asian Cup
- T&T ready for regional challenge
- An Giang beat U23 in friendly
- Vietnam back to AFC Champions League after three seasons
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- Cong Vinh summoned for Vietnam-Uzbekistan match
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Viet Nam scores first win in U16 qualifier
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- Young players rekindle hope for Vietnamese football
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Transfer market of Vietnam football slows down
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013
- VN make final preparations for Asian Cup qualifiers