Whether or not the nominees for the head coach of the national football team can take the post is not something that they can decide alone, as what matters is the clubs where they are currently working, two of the nominated coaches said.
Coaches Le Huynh Duc (L) and Nguyen Huu Thang, Photo: Tuoi Tre
Coaches Nguyen Huu Thang of SLNA and Le Huynh Duc of SHB Da Nang have recently met with the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) regarding the latter’s invitation for them to take command of the national squad.
The two coaches both said they have nothing to complain about VFF’s proposed requirements, schedules, and benefits of the post, but expressed their concern that their working terms at the clubs have yet to end.
“What counts is whether our clubs’ sponsors, Bac A Bank for SLNA, and SHB for Da Nang, will allow us to be transferred to the national team,” they said.
Since Bac A Bank’s chiefs are on an international business trip, the VFF will hold another meeting with the bank to get its opinion.
Meanwhile, the VFF will also schedule to meet with SHB this week regarding the case of Coach Duc, the organization added.
As for Coach Phan Thanh Hung, another candidate for the post, the VFF will work with him this weekend.
“The three said coaches have been shortlisted from a long list of domestic coaches,” said VFF general secretary Ngo Le Bang.
It is required by the General Department of Sport and Physical Training that the head coach of the national team not simultaneously take up any work at the club level.
“Both Duc and Thang said they are willing to serve the national team should they be permitted to by the clubs,” said Bang.
“As they didn’t mention anything about the general department requirements, we are not sure if they rejected our invitation.”
The VFF has demanded a whopping wage of VND200 million (US$9,600) a month for the hot seat over a two-year term, said Bang.
But the coach can work full-time for the national squad once the V-League concludes, he said.
“The VFF is also willing to ink a short-term contract with the next coach, rather than the two-year deal as proposed.”
Source: Tuoi Tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» Viet Nam hope to keep dream alive
» Coach Phuc of national football team suspended at night
» Vietnam claims fourth place in SEA rankings
Latest Category Posts
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
- Viet Nam to play world, continental champions in Asian Cup
- T&T ready for regional challenge
- An Giang beat U23 in friendly
- Vietnam back to AFC Champions League after three seasons
- Football clubs struggle in hard economic times
- V-League 2014 kick off slated for mid-January
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- FIFA President congratulate V-League 2013 champion Hanoi T&T
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam enter ASEAN Champ final
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- Cong Vinh summoned for Vietnam-Uzbekistan match
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Viet Nam scores first win in U16 qualifier
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- Young players rekindle hope for Vietnamese football
- Indonesia top U19 championships
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly