Several V-League football clubs have changed their head coaches ahead of the season's second half, hoping for a turn around that will help meet their goals for the season.
Illustrative image. (Photo: Internet)
Becamex Binh Duong, lagging behind in the race for the trophy that they have not won since 2008, have decided to replace coach Dang Tran Chinh with a South Korean coach.
Binh Duong's goal is to win the third V-League title or at least finish in the top three. However, after three consecutive defeats, the club has fallen to sixth place with 20 points after 14 rounds, and faces an uphill task.
Dong Thap have appointed former national defender Tran Cong Minh as its head coach, replacing Trang Van Thanh.
Minh's mission is to save Dong Thap, who are occupying one of two places in the drop zone, from relegation.
Sai Gon FC leaders have sacked coach Lu Dinh Tuan saying three losses in a row have adversely affected the club's chances of winning the V-League title. However, they have not found a replacement yet, and have temporarily assigned their managing director to function as a coach.
After parting company with Tuan, the club has gained four points to climb to second place with 23 points, putting them back in contention for the title.
|< Prev||Next >|
» An Giang beat U23 in friendly
» Football clubs struggle in hard economic times
» V-League 2014 kick off slated for mid-January
Latest Category Posts
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
- Viet Nam to play world, continental champions in Asian Cup
- T&T ready for regional challenge
- An Giang beat U23 in friendly
- Vietnam back to AFC Champions League after three seasons
- Football clubs struggle in hard economic times
- V-League 2014 kick off slated for mid-January
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- FIFA President congratulate V-League 2013 champion Hanoi T&T
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam enter ASEAN Champ final
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- Cong Vinh summoned for Vietnam-Uzbekistan match
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Viet Nam scores first win in U16 qualifier
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- Young players rekindle hope for Vietnamese football
- Indonesia top U19 championships
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly