14 footballers were selected as candidates for the Vietnam Golden Ball Awards 2011.
For the first time, the organizing board decided to allow granting the award to naturalized players, which helped striker Huynh Kesley to compete with four other Vietnamese colleagues, namely midfielder Pham Thanh Luong, forward Nguyen Van Quyet, attacking midfielder Nguyen Trong Hoang and winger Nguyen Minh Phuong for the golden ball title.
Quyet was also selected for the best young player award, along with midfielder Ngo Hoang Thinh.
Notably, top striker Le Cong Vinh, who won the Golden Ball Award in 2004, 2006 and 2007, was not nominated.
Meanwhile, central defender Nguyen Thi Ngoc Anh, winger Tran Thi Kim Hong, striker Nguyen Thi Muon, goalkeeper Kieu Trinh and midfielder Le Thi Thuong were named for the same title for female players.
In addition, the two strikers Gaston Mello and Kubheka Philani were chosen for the best foreign player award.
Cash prizes are given to the title winners: VND40 million for the golden ball, VND25 million for the silver ball and VND20 million for the bronze ball. Both the best young player and the best foreign player receive VND15 million each.
The award ceremony will start at 7pm at the Ho Chi Minh City Municipal Theatre on May 5.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Transfer market of Vietnam football slows down
» Little Footballers show to start third edition
» Gareth Bale wins PFA Player of Year and Young Player awards
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam hopeful despite 1-0 loss to Singapore
- Ninh Binh face strong rivals in first AFC Cup
- Singapore defeat Viet Nam to top Group A
- Viet Nam wins friendly against Laos
- Vietnam crush Brunei 7-0 in SEA Games football event
- Vietnam Football Federation Chairman resigns
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Transfer market of Vietnam football slows down
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013
- VN make final preparations for Asian Cup qualifiers
- Football in Viet Nam is tough
- Vietnam defeat Al Arabi FC in friendly
- Exhibit on girls with sensitive jobs running