Goalkeeper Duong Hong Son is suspected to be out of inspiration to devote himself to the national football team because he reported of being wounded right before the national team was summoned.
Goalkeeper Duong Hong Son.
Son got a pain and left the playground when the game between his Hanoi T&T FC and SHB Da Nang nearly finished last week. Coach Phan Thanh Hung said he still waited for the doctors’ conclusion and Son’s recovery to take part in the two matches vs. Hong Kong and China.
According to plan, Son would be examined on June 3, but until the morning of June 4, several hours before the national team was convened, coach Hung did not know about Son’s wound.
Hung still gave a chance for Son to join the team. However, he called up goalkeeper Thanh Binh of SHB Da Nang as an alternative. This will be the first time that Binh is called up to the national squad.
Son’s undefined injury before the national team’s convention has once again raised suspicion against the top goalkeeper’s attempt to evade his responsibility to the national squad.
Son was born in 1981. He used to be the second goalkeeper of Song Lam Nghe An and U23 national team in 2003. Son began the top goalkeeper of Vietnam when he and the national team won the Southeast championship (AFF Cup) in 2008. The same year he joined Hanoi T&T. In 2010, Hong Son highly contributed to this team’s first V-League championship.
After AFF Cup 2008, many members of the national team were believed to be out of aspiration to make a contribution to the national team.
Striker Viet Thang insisted to leave the national team when he was called up to the team by coach Falko Goetz for friendly games in 2011.
In 2010, Hong Son was convened to the national team for the qualifier round of Asian Cup 2011. Vietnam was considered to be unable to enter the finale of Asian Cup 2011. Hong Son was doubted to manage to elude from joining the team. Only several hours before the team left Vietnam, the goalkeeper declared to lose his passport. However, while the team was about to get on board, the coach said that he found out the passport.
The national team grouped up in Hanoi at 5pm of June 4. The team will have two friendly matches vs. Hong Kong and China at the My Dinh National Stadium in Hanoi on June 8 and 10.
The following is the squad lineup:
Chief: Nguyen Lan Trung
Chief coach: Phan Thanh Hung
Assistants: Hoang Anh Tuan, Nguyen Van Sy and Nguyen Van Phung
Doctors: Nguyen Trong Hien, Vu Trong Hanh
Expert: Mai Anh Hoang.
Goalkeepers: Hong Son, Manh Dung, Thanh Binh
Defenders: Phuoc Vinh, Bat Hieu, Viet Cuong, Dinh Dong, Minh Duc, Hong Tien, Quang Thanh, Chi Cong
Midfielders: Ngoc Duy, Duy Nam, Sy Cuong, Van Quat, Trong Hoang, Van Binh, Thanh Luong, Thanh Hung, Tan Tai.
Strikers: Anh Duc, Viet Thang, Cong Vinh
|< Prev||Next >|
» Viet Nam hope to keep dream alive
» Coach Phuc of national football team suspended at night
» Vietnam claims fourth place in SEA rankings
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam crush Brunei 7-0 in SEA Games football event
- Vietnam Football Federation Chairman resigns
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
- Viet Nam to play world, continental champions in Asian Cup
- T&T ready for regional challenge
- An Giang beat U23 in friendly
- Vietnam back to AFC Champions League after three seasons
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- Cong Vinh summoned for Vietnam-Uzbekistan match
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Viet Nam scores first win in U16 qualifier
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- Young players rekindle hope for Vietnamese football
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Transfer market of Vietnam football slows down
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013
- VN make final preparations for Asian Cup qualifiers