The Vietnamese national football team was defeated three goals to nil today in Wuhan in a friendly game with China because of poor defense and imprecise shooting to score.
Vietnamese coach Phan Thanh Hung and his players. Vietnam was beaten 3-0 in the Friday friendly game with China in Wuhan, Photo: Tuoi Tre
The visiting team had only five days to assemble their formation and it resulted in unsmooth coordination in both defense and attack.
Chinese striker Gao Lin headed home the opening goal just 10 minutes into the game from a left free kick. Center defender Bat Hieu failed to block the player in the act.
China scored the second goal twenty minutes later in a counterattack. China lobbed a long and flying ball deep to the back of Vietnamese defense wall and striker Feng Renliang sped down and went past center defender Minh Duc before he cushioned it home to extend to 2-0 lead.
A minute earlier, Bat Hieu was substituted by Phuoc Vinh in the defensive line.
In the second half, China controlled the whole game but found only another goal in the 63rd minute to fix its 3-0 victory.
Vietnam created many chances but none of them was converted into a goal.
The Vietnamese team will leave for Hong Kong on Saturday morning for another friendly match on Sunday.
Source: tuoi tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam's taekwondo team hopes for gold in Myanmar
» PISA tests makes MOET surprised, students proud and embarrassed
» Not accelerate 4G development in Vietnam: Minister
Latest Category Posts
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
- Viet Nam to play world, continental champions in Asian Cup
- T&T ready for regional challenge
- An Giang beat U23 in friendly
- Vietnam back to AFC Champions League after three seasons
- Football clubs struggle in hard economic times
- V-League 2014 kick off slated for mid-January
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- FIFA President congratulate V-League 2013 champion Hanoi T&T
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- Cong Vinh summoned for Vietnam-Uzbekistan match
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Viet Nam scores first win in U16 qualifier
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- Young players rekindle hope for Vietnamese football
- Indonesia top U19 championships
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013