HCM City’s sports bars are gearing up for the Euro 2012 football championship in Ukraine and Poland which kicks off tonight with promotions and special events to lure football-mad customers from home and abroad.
The expatriate communities will be out in force over the next four weeks giving their better halves a headache with late-night kick offs and numerous beers to be consumed in the name of the Beautiful Game.
Germany are many people’s tips for the trophy with Brotzeit Bar, located at Kumho Asiana Plaza, The Link, Unit 16, 39 Le Duan Boulevard, District 1, having the full backing of the German business and diplomatic community as they put on a football fiesta.
The bar and restaurant will host all the big games, which kick off at 11 p.m. and 1.45 a.m. for the first week and then all games will kick off at 1:45 a.m.
They have an abundance of screens to make sure no-one misses any of the action. There is free German pizza and Salvador beer for Germany’s clashes with Portugal and Holland and free finger food for the Denmark game. There will also be sexy cheerleaders in the latter stages of the tournament.
British pub Drunken Duck is pulling out all the stops to make the venue on 58 Ton That Thiep Street in District 1 Little England for a month with a Tiger beer promotion of buy three draught beers and get one free during games.
Danish-owned Storm P Bar on 5B Nguyen Sieu Street in District 1 will be cheering on Denmark and Sweden as the Scandinavian nations take on the cream of Europe. Universal Bar at 90 Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao in District 1 will be offering drink specials and free food and will beam back every game throughout the football championships.
TOTT Bar and Restaurant, located at Windsor Plaza Hotel, 18 An Duong Vuong Street in District 5 is vowing to stay open late to welcome any football fans desperate to catch the action. Manager Tran Quyet Thang warns that last food orders are at 10:30 p.m in the French restaurant on level 25 which has one of the best views of the city’s skyline.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnamese people consume 3 billion litres of beer in 2013
» A historic handshake
» Vietnamese wrestlers win two gold medals at SEA Games
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam hopeful despite 1-0 loss to Singapore
- Ninh Binh face strong rivals in first AFC Cup
- Singapore defeat Viet Nam to top Group A
- Viet Nam wins friendly against Laos
- Vietnam crush Brunei 7-0 in SEA Games football event
- Vietnam Football Federation Chairman resigns
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
Popular Category Posts
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Transfer market of Vietnam football slows down
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013
- VN make final preparations for Asian Cup qualifiers
- Football in Viet Nam is tough
- Vietnam defeat Al Arabi FC in friendly
- Exhibit on girls with sensitive jobs running
- U23 Vietnam national squad ready for SEA Games 23
- Four new faces for national team
- Futsal powerhouses to play in HCM City