SHB Da Nang keep their top position on the rankings after beating Becamex Binh Duong 1-0 in the 22nd round of V-League Eximbank at Chi Lang Stadium yesterday, July 22.
During the first half a 27m shot from Tan Dien in the 33rd minute was easily blocked by goalkeeper Dang Dinh Duc.
In the second half, SHB Da Nang poured on the pressure but failed to open the score. However, in the 87th minute, after constant attacks, their efforts paid off. Nicolas Hernandez headed the ball into the net.
Meanwhile, Ha Noi T&T and Sai Gon Xuan Thanh (SGXT) retained their second and third place, respectively.
The challenge for Ha Noi T&T was easier than for other teams when they met Vicem Hai Phong, who sit at the bottom in the rankings and will almost certainly drop a division. Although playing on their home turf, V. Hai Phong let things run their course and were defeated 0-2 on Saturday.
SGXT celebrated a victory over Dong Thap Rubber Corporation 4-0 at Cao Lanh Stadium on Saturday.
Kienlongbank Kien Giang and Khatoco Khanh Hoa, who are also in danger of relegation, both couldn't earn a win.
At Kien Giang Stadium yesterday, the hosts needed three points to get out of danger while Song Lam Nghe An (SLNA) wanted three more points to improve their position. Kien Giang played with determination but their simple way of playing couldn't breach the SLNA defence. The guests fulfilled their dreams with goals from Hughton Hector, Hoang Van Binh and Dickson Nwakaeme in the 9th, 28th and 90th minutes.
At Thong Nhat Stadium yesterday, Khatoco Khanh Hoa tried their best to score a goal against Navibank Sai Gon. However, the only goal of the match was from the hosts' Phan Van Tai Em.
In other matches, The Vissai Ninh Binh won over Hoang Anh Gia Lai 2-1 and Ha Noi Football Club defeat ed Thanh Hoa with the same score.
Source: Viet Nam News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Binh Duong win BTV Cup with one goal on home turf
» Ha Noi T&T close gap to one point
» Teams vie for V-League lead
Latest Category Posts
- Singapore defeat Viet Nam to top Group A
- Viet Nam wins friendly against Laos
- Vietnam crush Brunei 7-0 in SEA Games football event
- Vietnam Football Federation Chairman resigns
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
- Viet Nam to play world, continental champions in Asian Cup
- T&T ready for regional challenge
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Transfer market of Vietnam football slows down
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013
- VN make final preparations for Asian Cup qualifiers
- Football in Viet Nam is tough
- Vietnam defeat Al Arabi FC in friendly
- Exhibit on girls with sensitive jobs running