Defender Nguyen Huy Hoang, former captain of the Vietnamese national football team, was Friday detained by traffic police while in a hallucinatory state allegedly under the influence of drugs after his car hit a woman in the northern Thanh Hoa Province.
Nguyen Huy Hoang is seen with eyes closed and a hallucinatory state allegedly under the influence of drugs in his car on September 7, 2012
Hoang, now playing for Song Lam Nghe An club, was reportedly speeding carelessly southwards on Ba Trieu Street when his car collided with the motorbike of a woman, who was later hospitalized with severe injuries, according to eyewitnesses.
Even after the accident, Hoang continued driving his car onwards, and was only stopped by traffic police when he was waiting for the red light at the crossroads.
Astonishingly enough, the 31-year-old, in the traditional red uniform of the national football team, still did not have the slightest reaction when his car was besieged by police and curious local residents, except for his wild gesticulations and heavy breathing.
Some locals recognized him as the former national player, and filmed his bizarre behaviors.
With his mouth wide open and eyes closed, Hoang occasionally slapped his hands, and danced to music just like a drunkard or a drug addict, as shown in the video clip on YouTube.
Nguyen Hong Thanh, CEO of SLNA Co, which manages the namesake football club, confirmed with Tuoi Tre that Hoang had caused the accident.
“His car is currently being impounded at Thanh Hoa City’s police station, and the case will be handled on Saturday,” he said.
Thanh added he has no idea what caused Hoang to lose control.
However, SLNA coach Nguyen Huu Thang told VnExpress newswire Friday that Hoang “was not affected by any drugs.”
“He just unintentionally caused the accident, and has settled the case with Thanh Hoa police,” he told the website.
Source: Tuoi Tre News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam loses 1-0 to host Hong Kong
» Czech-Vietnamese footballer likely to play in Asian Cup
» National team look to strengthen
Latest Category Posts
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
- Viet Nam to play world, continental champions in Asian Cup
- T&T ready for regional challenge
- An Giang beat U23 in friendly
- Vietnam back to AFC Champions League after three seasons
- Football clubs struggle in hard economic times
- V-League 2014 kick off slated for mid-January
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- FIFA President congratulate V-League 2013 champion Hanoi T&T
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- Cong Vinh summoned for Vietnam-Uzbekistan match
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Viet Nam scores first win in U16 qualifier
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- Indonesia top U19 championships
- Young players rekindle hope for Vietnamese football
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013