Outfits for spring and summer by Vietnamese designers will be on show tonight at Ha Noi Fashion Week.
The week is being organised to promote Vietnamese designs and outfits for women, and the fashion industry in general, said designer Nguyen Cao Bang Tam, head of the organising board.
"The fashion week is a rendezvous for designers to exchange ideas and show their creations," she said. "It's also an attractive cultural event for fashion lovers."
Nearly 20 trademarks with hundreds of outfits will be paraded tonight and Saturday evening at the Grand Plaza, 117 Tran Duy Hung Street, Ha Noi. Among the models will be Thu Ha (Top 10 Miss Viet Nam 2010), Hong Nhung (Top 10 Miss Viet Nam 2008) and Ha Hoang Anh (Miss Ao Dai at Miss World Vietnamese).
Fashionistas will see spring and summer season designs by Do Trinh Hoai Nam, Xuan Thu and Giao Linh, as well as trademarks such as Alcado, Woman Rock, Camello and Mittex.
Designer Linh will introduce a contemporary-classic collection named Paint Me Beautiful with canvas patterns and soft materials such as silk and lace.
Designers of Alcado will feature Summer's Colours.
The stage and catwalk will be decorated in simple and modern style with white as the decisive colour, said Tam.
"We will use colour and lights as a kind of visual art to highlight the models. The stage will be decorated with flowers only, we don't want unnecessary decorative objects to divert attention."
The fashion show is the result of co-operation between the Dong Tay Commerce and Technology Company and the Viet Nam National Textile and Garment Group.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnamese Ao Dai show at the most famous castle in the world
» Souvenir designers seal top awards
» Fashion week to promote Vietnamese designs
Latest Category Posts
- Palestine film week to show award winning documentary
- Japanese cultural festival ready to launch
- World leading DJs set for capital performance
- Exhibition opens featuring northern communal houses
- Japanese orchestra to bring classical music to Hanoi
- World martial arts show to be held in Viet Nam
- Year-end fascinating cultural events in Vietnam
- Women from past to present
- Hanoi New Music Festival gathers int’l artists
- HCMC fest features French movie and music
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Photo exhibit for love of country
- Nguyen Ha’s sculptures displayed at Vietnam Fine Art Museum
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct.15 -31
- Artists mourn communal houses
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct. 1-15
- VN abstract icon celebrated in HCMC
- VN to host ‘Youth Ambassador' event
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Best of the UK to be presented during the cultural week
- Beautiful and latest artworks of Hanoi painters on display
- Toyota Classics 2013 to take place in Hanoi
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Traditional craft villages festival in Oct
- Finland-VN music and fashion show organised
- Contemporary art comes to Ha Noi shopping mall
- Rapper Jay Sean to perform in HCM City
What's On, What's Hot
Vietnam Travel Calendar