Landscapes and ethnic groups of the northern mountainous region are featured in a photograph exhibition which opened this morning in Ha Noi.
Entitled Sac Mau Vung Cao (The Colour of Mountainous Region), the exhibition is being organised by the Viet Nam News Agency to celebrate Reunification Day on April 30.
The 70 large photographs exhibited are the result of several journeys by 16 VNA photojournalists to mountainous remote areas. They depict the daily life, festivals, customs and traditional costumes of the ethnic groups, including Mong, Dao, Thai, Nung, La Hu, Lo Lo.
Photographer Thanh Ha, who has 10 photos on display, said the region, people and culture gave him endless inspiration.
His photo La Pan Tan Vao Mua (La Pan Tan in Harvesting Season) shows the picturesque terraced paddy fields – a symbolic image of the region.
Le Hoi Nhay Lua Cua Nguoi Pa Then (The Fire Jumping Festival of Pa Then People) by Minh Dao portrays the spiritual atmosphere as barefoot men jump on red-hot charcoal without pain.
The exhibition will remain open at 45 Trang Tien Street, Ha Noi, until next Tuesday.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Traditional costumes no longer popular with ethnic groups
» Culture of Vietnam’s ethnic groups honoured
» Ethnic culture week kicks off to showcase nation's rich heritage
Latest Category Posts
- Exhibition opens featuring northern communal houses
- Japanese orchestra to bring classical music to Hanoi
- World martial arts show to be held in Viet Nam
- Year-end fascinating cultural events in Vietnam
- Women from past to present
- Hanoi New Music Festival gathers int’l artists
- HCMC fest features French movie and music
- 2013 International Piano Festival kicks off in HCMC
- Ongoing paper carving exhibit highlights Champa culture
- Design competition for Hoang Sa exhibit house running
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Photo exhibit for love of country
- Nguyen Ha’s sculptures displayed at Vietnam Fine Art Museum
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct.15 -31
- Artists mourn communal houses
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct. 1-15
- VN abstract icon celebrated in HCMC
- VN to host ‘Youth Ambassador' event
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- Shuttlers hope to net national titles
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Beautiful and latest artworks of Hanoi painters on display
- Best of the UK to be presented during the cultural week
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- Toyota Classics 2013 to take place in Hanoi
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Traditional craft villages festival in Oct
- Contemporary art comes to Ha Noi shopping mall
- Finland-VN music and fashion show organised
What's On, What's Hot
Vietnam Travel Calendar