Top motorcyclist Luu Thanh Tuan and his team-mates from the Luc Phong Motor team will take part in a tough race at the Viet Nam Motor Club Prix at Da Nang's Military Zone 5 Stadium tomorrow.
Tuan, who has been in top form at recent races in Can Tho and Binh Duong, said he would face difficulties because the other teams had revved-up their preparations.
"I'm ready for the race and hope to take the trophy. My team gained good results at the race in Can Tho Stadium early this year," Tuan told Viet Nam News after testing his motorcycle at the stadium.
"The track is a bit smaller than others in Binh Duong, Nha Trang and Can Tho. However, we have held more tests at the Da Nang track and are eager to race.
According to the organising committee, 28 professional racers from 19 teams nation-wide will race in eight-lap qualifying rounds with the top two in each round getting berths in the final.
The best 14 will compete in 10 laps around the stadium for the winner.
"Professionals will race on 125cc motorcycles in the two-stroke engine category, while amateurs will contest with four-stroke motorcycles," said vice chairman of the race organising committee Nguyen Tan Anh.
"All racers have to use Yamaha sport motorcycles. It's the first time the organising committee has allowed amateurs to race Yamaha Exciter four-strokes.
Le Viet Hoa, chairman of the Luc Phong team, said experience and good equipment would put his racers on top.
"Each lap of the track is only 400m and has four bends, so racers must be skillful at bends if they want to lead," Hoa said.
"It's a tough race because competitors will be thrown from the track if they lose control.
He also said the championship had drawn the best of Vietnamese racers, including Vu Trong Bang, Tran Ngoc Sang, Le Huy Hoa and Nguyen Viet Linh.
Motorcyclists are set to race their 125cc motorcycles in two categories of two-stroke and four-stroke engine for a total cash-prize of VND50 million (US$2,400).
Last year's race in Da Nang drew 48 amateur racers.
During the race, a Bike Fest Da Nang will be held at the stadium. The other stages of the championship will be held in Nha Trang, Binh Duong and HCM City.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Bikers set to roar at Motor Club Prix
Latest Category Posts
- Artists create colourful mosaics
- Piano concert celebrates VN-Aussie links
- Early 20th century glass paintings of HN on display
- Charity Christmas Concert to charm Hanoians
- Japanese orchestra returns to VN
- Student exhibition honours Champa culture
- New Year concert promises to delight TV audiences
- US catwalk queen to judge Vietnam’s Next Top Model
- Paintings depict memories of war
- World martial arts show to be held in Vietnam
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct.15 -31
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct. 1-15
- VN abstract icon celebrated in HCMC
- VN to host ‘Youth Ambassador' event
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Toyota Classics 2013 to take place in Hanoi
- Beautiful and latest artworks of Hanoi painters on display
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- Rapper Jay Sean to perform in HCM City
- Traditional craft villages festival in Oct
- Finland-VN music and fashion show organised
- Ninh Binh to host int'l conference on spiritual tourism
- Contemporary art comes to Ha Noi shopping mall
- UK music fests in Hanoi, HCMC
- Jazz star Dac to wow Opera House
- Free special concert to be held in Hanoi and HCMC
What's On, What's Hot
Vietnam Travel Calendar