Photographer Tran Bich will bring the beauty of the lotus and the beauty of charity to his exhibition, which include 60 unique photos, in Ho Chi Minh City next week.
A photo taken by photographer Tran Bich will go on display at the 10-day exhibition, Photo: Photo in courtesy of Tran Bich
To be held from July 25 to August 5 at the peak of the unique Bitexco Financial Tower at 36 Ho Tung Mau Street in District 1, the event themed “Viet Lotus – Lotus Life 17” is being organized mainly to raise funds for the Heart Understanding Fund.
All proceeds from ticket and photo sales will be donated to the fund to provide help to children with inborn heart diseases, street children and children from underprivileged families.
In the last three years, the photographer has taken photos of lotuses and organized 16 previous exhibitions in different venues across Vietnam such as Hanoi, Hue, Gia Lai, Da Nang, Ca Mau, Dong Thap, Da Lat and Ho Chi Minh City.
So far he has collected over VND2.5 billion (US$120,200) through these events.
His passion for taking photos of lotuses sparked in 2009 after he saw the beautiful flowers and their elegant smell at the lotus pond in Ke Ga in the central province of Binh Thuan’s Phan Thiet District, Bich said.
Ever since, he has traveled to many localities across the nation where lotuses are grown; from the provinces of Long An, Dong Thap and Can Tho in the Mekong Delta to Nha Trang, Quang Ngai, Quy Nhon, Thanh Hoa and Nam Dinh in the central region; and Hanoi and Bac Ninh in the north.
The exhibition will run from 9:30 to 21:30 with ticket prices of VND200,000 ($10) for adults, and VND130,000 for children from 4-12 years old and elderly people over 65 years of age.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Beauty of lotus and charity come together
Latest Category Posts
- Artist paintings take centre stage in Hue
- Baroque music for Christmas
- Grammy winner to perform in City bar
- Hard Rock Cafe set to celebrate 4th birthday
- HCM City movie complex hosts Comedy Week
- Music, art show to raise funds for typhoon victims
- French author holds exchange in Vietnam
- Amateur musicians to provide a taste of Europe in HCM City
- First art festival focuses on LGBT
- Artists create colourful mosaics
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct. 1-15
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct.15 -31
- VN to host ‘Youth Ambassador' event
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Toyota Classics 2013 to take place in Hanoi
- Beautiful and latest artworks of Hanoi painters on display
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- Rapper Jay Sean to perform in HCM City
- Traditional craft villages festival in Oct
- Finland-VN music and fashion show organised
- Ninh Binh to host int'l conference on spiritual tourism
- Contemporary art comes to Ha Noi shopping mall
- Jazz star Dac to wow Opera House
- UK music fests in Hanoi, HCMC
- Free special concert to be held in Hanoi and HCMC
- VN artists join international drum show
- ASEAN Youth Orchestra to play in capital
What's On, What's Hot
Vietnam Travel Calendar