The Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam, in cooperation with Koto Co., Ltd, will display cute and charming toys created by twelvetone and designed by Takashi Tsunoda at design exhibition ‘The World of Interior Toy’ from August 12 to September 9 at the center.
The name twelvetone is inspired by music which is composed with only twelve tones but the combination of the tones is almost infinite - and it implies that there are a lot of complicated things in the world and at the same time simple.
This company is a design philosophy of Tsunoda who has won the Good Design Awards of Japan twice for his interior toys. His products are all simple but cute and adorable with a variety of characters.
Piperoid (which won the Good Design Award in 2007) is a paper robot craft kit for both kids and adults. To create a copy of the character all you need is a pair of scissors and you just cut, fold and connect the pipes to build your own robot with movable joints in less than 30 minutes. Each character has a unique background story, and after assembly it can be used as an accent for home or office decor and even as a memo holder.
Play-deco (which won Good Design Award 2011) is a unique craft for home decor that combines wooden ‘bone’ with paper ‘skin’. Each package includes paper texture sheet and wooden bone sheet that is perforated and precut so there are no tools required – not even scissors.
Apart from the award-winning toys, Monster Cube which Tsunoda created inspired by traditional Japanese handicrafts, will also be displayed.
The exhibition starts at 2 p.m. on August 11 with a talk from the designer “How to design kawaii (cute) characters” at the Japan Foundation Exhibition Hall, 27 Quang Trung, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi. Workshops to make interior toys will be held from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Carbon-di-oxide inhalation kills worker in Ha Noi factory
» Latest high-profile Japan project begins in Dong Nai
» Refinery investment to double
Latest Category Posts
- French author holds exchange in Vietnam
- Amateur musicians to provide a taste of Europe in HCM City
- First art festival focuses on LGBT
- Artists create colourful mosaics
- Piano concert celebrates VN-Aussie links
- Early 20th century glass paintings of HN on display
- Charity Christmas Concert to charm Hanoians
- Japanese orchestra returns to VN
- Student exhibition honours Champa culture
- New Year concert promises to delight TV audiences
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct.15 -31
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct. 1-15
- VN to host ‘Youth Ambassador' event
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Toyota Classics 2013 to take place in Hanoi
- Beautiful and latest artworks of Hanoi painters on display
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- Rapper Jay Sean to perform in HCM City
- Traditional craft villages festival in Oct
- Finland-VN music and fashion show organised
- Ninh Binh to host int'l conference on spiritual tourism
- Contemporary art comes to Ha Noi shopping mall
- Jazz star Dac to wow Opera House
- UK music fests in Hanoi, HCMC
- Free special concert to be held in Hanoi and HCMC
- VN artists join international drum show
- ASEAN Youth Orchestra to play in capital
What's On, What's Hot
Vietnam Travel Calendar