Famous Tunisian – French singer Emel Mathlouthi, who has become a renowned symbol of modern Arabian music, will perform in Ho Chi Minh City next month.
Tunisian – French singer Emel Mathlouthi Photo: Hanoigrapevine
At the show to be held by the Cultural Center for French Cooperation in HCMC at IDECAF on September 6, Mathlouthi will perform rock, Eastern music and “trip-hop”, a genre combining electronic and hip hop music.
Born in 1982, Mathlouthi made her first steps into music at the age of 8. Since then, she has immersed herself in classical, Arabic and Latin American music through her father’s records. Her music is a successful mix of Arabian and Middle Eastern music.
She has performed all around the world and has become famous for her concerts inspired by Arabian music.
In 2006, Mathlouthi left a deep impression in the first edition of the Price RMC Middle East competition, where she ended as a finalist in Amman, the capital of Jordan.
In January she released her latest album, titled “ Kelmti Horra.”
Emel Mathlouthi’s show will take place at 8pm at 31 Thai Van Lung Street in District 1.
Tickets cost VND 100,000 for the general public and VND 50, 000 for students, and are available at the venue.
Two days later the singer will perform in Hanoi.
Source: Tuoi Tre News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Tunisian – French singer to perform in Vietnam
Latest Category Posts
- Palestine film week to show award winning documentary
- Japanese cultural festival ready to launch
- World leading DJs set for capital performance
- Exhibition opens featuring northern communal houses
- Japanese orchestra to bring classical music to Hanoi
- World martial arts show to be held in Viet Nam
- Year-end fascinating cultural events in Vietnam
- Women from past to present
- Hanoi New Music Festival gathers int’l artists
- HCMC fest features French movie and music
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Photo exhibit for love of country
- Nguyen Ha’s sculptures displayed at Vietnam Fine Art Museum
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct.15 -31
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR Oct. 1-15
- Artists mourn communal houses
- VN abstract icon celebrated in HCMC
- VN to host ‘Youth Ambassador' event
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Best of the UK to be presented during the cultural week
- Beautiful and latest artworks of Hanoi painters on display
- Toyota Classics 2013 to take place in Hanoi
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Traditional craft villages festival in Oct
- Contemporary art comes to Ha Noi shopping mall
- Finland-VN music and fashion show organised
- Rapper Jay Sean to perform in HCM City
What's On, What's Hot
Vietnam Travel Calendar