The northern province of Quang Ninh will host the ASEM Forum on climate change and measures for adaptation and mitigation on September 6-7, said the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MoNRE).
The forum aims to strengthen Asia-Europe cooperation through the existing partnership and networks to exchange views and share information about adaptation and mitigation to climate change.
The forum will discuss the realization of outcomes of the United Nations Climate Change Conference 2009 in Copenhagen (COP15) while focusing on measures on regional and global scales.
Earlier, the organization of this forum was initiated by Vietnam during the 9th Asia-Europe Foreign Ministerial Meeting (FMM 9) in May 2009 in Hanoi, with the support of Denmark, the UK, the European Commission and Indonesia.
Following FMM 9, the Vietnamese PM instructed the MoNRE to work with relevant agencies to put the initiative into reality.
As one of the countries badly affected by climate change, Vietnam has taken positive steps to join regional and international activities to combat the global issue.
|< Prev||Next >|
» ASEM climate change forum to be held in northern province
Latest Category Posts
- HN destined for Mobile Vietnam 2012
- HCMC hosts Secutech Vietnam 2011
- HCMC hosts Encon Expo 2011
- Hanoi hosts Asia-Pacific Telecommunity conference
- Key ICT summit comes to Hanoi
- 6th Security World Conference and Expo to be held in Hanoi
- Photographic Exhibition on insects of Vietnam
- Vietnam Telecom 2010 to kick off in town this week
- Technology fair for southern provinces scheduled in Oct.
- Hanoi to host competition for young inventors
What's On, What's Hot
Vietnam Travel Calendar