To mark the the United Nations to be the International Year of Biodiversity, Vietnam National Museum of Nature, in collaboration with the Italian Embassy in Vietnam, is organizing a 4 days exhibition entitled “Insects of Vietnam”, from 16th to 19th December 2010 at Exhibition House, No. 45 Trang Tien street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
“Every single day lots of different species become extinct, many of which are as yet undiscovered.” Dr. Vu Van Lien, Vietnam National Museum of Nature said.
The photographic exhibition “Insects of Vietnam” will raise awareness, through images, of the very diverse and abundant insect life in Vietnam.
The aim of the exhibition is to contribute towards improving knowledge and awareness about insects and their environment, in the hope that it might encourage the conservation of insect diversity in particular, as well as that of other plants and animals and indeed the environment in general for both present and future generations.
“Only by raising awareness and implementing dramatic environmental protection and nature conservation measures can this serious problem be halted.” Dr. Lien added.
The year 2010 has been declared the International Year of Biodiversity by the United Nations and the ambitious goal is to put a stop to the current loss of biodiversity on earth. Unfortunately, the disappearance of animal and plant species is still a major issue due to continued habitat destruction, pollution and global warming.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Germany funds Vietnamese biodiversity preservation
» Vietnam, Brunei navies establish hotline
» Vietnam, Laos promote education cooperation
Latest Category Posts
- HN destined for Mobile Vietnam 2012
- HCMC hosts Secutech Vietnam 2011
- HCMC hosts Encon Expo 2011
- Hanoi hosts Asia-Pacific Telecommunity conference
- Key ICT summit comes to Hanoi
- 6th Security World Conference and Expo to be held in Hanoi
- Vietnam Telecom 2010 to kick off in town this week
- Technology fair for southern provinces scheduled in Oct.
- ASEM climate change forum to be held in northern province
- Hanoi to host competition for young inventors
What's On, What's Hot
Vietnam Travel Calendar