The third conference on ASEAN – EU relations under the theme of “Community-Building, Bilateral/Biregional relations and economic diplomacy” will be held in Hanoi on Dec. 9 and 10, said a press release of the Wallonia-Brussels Delegation to Vietnam.
The conference will focus on topics of building political security, an economic and socio-cultural community, Vietnam-EU and ASEAN-EU relations, economic diplomacy in the 21st century, lessons from the Vietnamese Chairmanship of ASEAN, and the Belgian Presidency of the EU.
“After the great success of the first two conferences in 2008 and 2009, this third conference takes place at a very special moment, at the end of a very successful Vietnamese presidency of ASEAN, and also the very successful Spanish and then Belgian presidency of the European Council. It will be an interesting opportunity to share experiences about this,” said Franck Pezza, chief representative of the Wallonia-Brussels Delegation to Vietnam.
“This conference will also be an opportunity to celebrate the 20 years of diplomatic relationship between Vietnam and the EU and to look towards the future of a very rich and developing relationship,” he said.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Indochina Pharmaceutical Conference opens in HCM City
» Shares finish session on a low
» Viet Nam looks at creativity to boost local development
Latest Category Posts
- Anti-Corruption Initiative Program to kick off in November
- ASEM Labor Ministers’ Meeting to take place next week
- Vietnam to host AMMST-14 and COST-62
- APEC 2011 deepens VN’s ties with other members
- Lawmakers to elect leaders in new session
- VN to host ASEM Labor and Employment Ministers’ Conference
- Hundreds of overseas Vietnamese to attend New Year gala
- ASEAN Postal Business Meeting to be held in Đà Nẵng
- Vietnamese youth send global message on HIV/AIDS
- Running to raise money for struggling children
What's On, What's Hot
Vietnam Travel Calendar