|1. Hantex Co., LTD.|
City: Ha Nam
|2. Rich Field Worldwide...|
Category: Retail Services
City: Ho Chi Minh
|3. Cuu Long Sea Products...|
Category: Food Manufacturing
City: Tra Vinh, Tra Vinh Province
|4. Song Hong Garment JSC.|
Category: Clothing and Accessories
City: Nam Dinh
|5. Thuan Phat Group|
City: Ha Noi
|6. Faquimex JSC.|
Category: Food Manufacturing
City: Ben Tre Province
Italian police have arrested 20 gladiator impersonators in an undercover sting aimed at ending a violent racket operating around Rome's most famous tourist sites, Italian press reported on Thursday.
Rome police arrest Colosseum 'gladiator' gang, Photo: AFP
Police disguised as gladiators, dustbin men and members of the public raided the gang made up of seven families working with five tourist agencies.
The modern gladiators are accused of attacking and intimidating competitors for a lucrative business in which gladiators collect up to 10 euros ($14) for having their picture taken alongside tourists in front of attractions.
The police officers disguised as gladiators were beaten up by the alleged criminal gladiators before other undercover officers swooped in.
"Gladiators" are a feature of the Roman landscape for tourists, with men decked out in bright red capes, helmets with plumes of red feathers and sandals while carrying swords and round shields.
They can be found outside the Colosseum, Castel Sant'Angelo, Piazza Venezia and even in front of St Peter's Basilica in the Vatican, preying on the millions of tourists who pass through Rome every year.
Criminal gangs had divided up these tourist sights and were defending their territory with violence, the police said.
Five competitors who had been chased away alerted police to the gang's activities, leading to the sting operation.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Diplomatic number plates of 500 cars to be revoked
» Leadership sought in pollution battle
» Phuoc nabs stage, Tam wins overall
Latest Category Posts
- Most European gays still afraid and threatened
- Russia to expel 'CIA agent' in spy recruitment scandal
- Germany threatens new EU bailout plans
- EU seeks to unleash crackdown on tax evasion
- Tories to publish details of draft EU referendum bill
- Arrests over 'anti-gay' murder in Volgograd Russia
- Michael Gove and Philip Hammond would vote for Britain to leave the EU
- Two bodies found after New Jersey hostage stand-off
- Pope canonizes first saints from Colombia, Mexico
- FSA delayed plans to test every horse before crisis
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Greek indignant return to protest austerity outside parliament
- Anxiety as Putin picks new Russia central bank chief
- IMF sees prolonged recession major threat to Italian banks
- EU summit to focus on growth, jobs
- Seven children among at least 8 dead in German fire: police
- French patients keep HIV at bay despite stopping drugs
- World waits as historic papal election looms
- Italy President Napolitano begins coalition talks
- Italy to swear in new coalition government
- Italian president Napolitano sworn in for unprecedented second mandate
- Italy robbers in motorway ambush on security vans
- 'No plans to withdraw' UK diplomats from North Korea
- Portugal budget: PM Passos Coelho seeks alternative cuts
- Thousands of HMRC staff due to strike over job cuts
- Dozens die in Russia psychiatric hospital fire
- Fracking 'not significant' cause of large earthquakes
- Japan PM Abe in Russia for talks on territorial row, energy
- Budget 2013: Osborne to unveil extra £2.5bn in cuts
- Italy's named PM vows to form slimmed-down gov't
- Turkey 'coup' trial delayed amid angry protests